Sweet potato and white chocolate cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line two (2lb) loaf tins with silicone paper.
- Place the oil in a bowl add half the chocolate and place
on top of a pan of boiling water stirring occasionally, until
melted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and add the
- Puree the raw sweet potatoes in a food
- Add the eggs one at a time to the sweet potatoes
- Add the vanilla, oil and chocolate.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well,
add the rest of the white chocolate.
- Pour into the loaf tins.
- Place in the oven and cook for approx 50 minutes to one
hour or until cooked. (To check if the cake is cooked, insert a
wooden cocktail stick into it, if it comes out dry to the touch the
cake is cooked).
- Leave to cool down, slice and serve.
- Why not frost the cake with a yogurt frosting or add some
ginger or orange as an extra flavouring to the cake.
© Felice Tocchini 2011
Food photography by Alex Miller.
90ml vegetable oil
250g self-raising flour
250g sweet potatoes
150g white chocolate callets (or chopped into small
1 tsp vanilla extract